Note: At the present time Wolfhead Music is accepting only editions and arrangements of works by early baroque composers. Of primary interest are works for one to three solo instruments and keyboard. Please do not submit original contemporary compositions until further notice. Thanks!
How to submit a composition:
In addition to the manuscript, the following information must accompany the submission:
- Handwritten manuscripts (which must be clearly legible) or printed manuscripts may be mailed to Wolfhead Music, P.O. Box 1444, Bedford, Indiana 47421, U.S.A. If you wish to have the manuscript returned after review, you must enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope with the required postage attached.
- Compositions may be submitted on a data CD if the score is a PDF file or is set using either Sibelius, Finale (ETF if using Finale 2001), PrintMusic, MuseScore, or Allegro software programs. Music set with other programs or in MIDI cannot be accepted. Discs should be mailed to the address above with a return envelope and appropriate return postage if you wish for them to be returned after review.
- Compositions may be submitted electronically (in PDF only) via Dropbox or Google Drive. To submit electronically, please request our email address by clicking here.
- Your name, address, and e-mail address (if applicable) — yes, we do receive manuscripts with no contact information whatever
- A brief statement about the composition
- A brief biography of the composer/editor/arranger (125 words or less)
- The difficulty level of the work (easy, intermediate, moderately difficult, or advanced)
- The approximate performance time required for the work
Review Time. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for review of your material. Simultaneous submissions are accepted, provided that you notify Wolfhead Music that your submission is being reviewed elsewhere at the time of your submission. Submissions may be withdrawn by the submitter at any time prior to the signing of a contract, but must be done in writing.
Terms. We use a standard composer’s contract which pays royalties of 10% of the retail price on total receipts from print editions, or 50% of the retail price for electronic editions. We do not pay advances, and the royalties are paid out twice yearly unless the total royalties for a given period are less than $25.00; in such case, the royalties will be accrued and paid out at the next period in which total royalties meet or exceed the $25.00 minimum. In addition to royalties, editors/arrangers of accepted works will receive two (2) copies of the published work on publication.
Copyright. The copyright of any given edition or arrangement will remain the property of the submitter. Acceptance of the work for publication grants Wolfhead Music the exclusive right to publish, in either print or electronic editions, for a period of five (5) years from the date of publication. At the end of the five-year period, all publishing rights will revert to the composer/editor/arranger unless other arrangements are made by mutual agreement of Wolfhead Music and the submitter. The granting of subsidiary rights will be at the discretion of Wolfhead Music during its term of ownership, and royalties from subsidiary rights in the amount of 50% of the net profit will be paid to the submitter after all costs and expenses incurred by Wolfhead Music with respect to securing subsidiary licensure have been met.
The terms as described above are negotiable, but concerns must be addressed prior to formal acceptance for publication. Please address any questions by clicking here, or write to us at Wolfhead Music, P.O. Box 1444, Bedford, IN 47421, U.S.A.